Securahome’s silver anniversary charity appeal
As we enter our 25th year in business, we are keen to give something back to the community, and this is where we need your help.
In January, we posted a message on our Facebook page asking for suggestions of a local charity to support. We were inundated with responses highlighting some of the amazing charities working across South Wales.
A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to nominate a charity.
It has been a tough task to whittle that number down to 10, now we need your help to choose one charity to support.
The 10 nominated charities are:
• Age Cymru, Swansea Bay: Offering services to support local people, families and carers.
• LATCH Welsh Children’s Cancer Charity, Cardiff: Supporting children receiving treatment for cancer and leukaemia at the Children’s Hospital for Wales and their families.
• Maggie’s Swansea: Offering counselling and support for people with cancer.
• Many Tears Dog Rescue, Llanelli: Rehoming ex-breeding dogs and other animals across the UK.
• Matthew’s House/ Matt’s Café, Swansea: Offering food and support for homeless and vulnerable people.
• Llys Nini Aminal Centre (RSPCA), Gorseinon: Rehoming animals and caring for environment.
• National Autistic Society, Swansea: A day service where adults with autism are given the opportunity to learn new skills, develop their interests and try new experiences.
• Ty Olwen Hospice, Morriston: Offering palliative care and advice for patients and their families.
• Wales Air Ambulance: Providing free, life-saving Helicopter Emergency Medical Service for the critically ill and injured.
• Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary, Abercrave: An animal rescue specialising in the care and protection of primates.
To vote for your chosen charity, head to our Facebook page.
Once we have a chosen charity, we will reveal a series of fundraising events and challenges to be completed by the Securahome team.
As you can guess from the picture, cycling may well be involved!