Securahome has honed its fitting service over the years, earning a reputation as one of the premier service providers in South Wales. We invite you to visit our Swansea showroom, where you can engage with our expert design teams and experience our exceptional products firsthand.
Your essential checklist for choosing the perfect windows and doors
Windows and doors make a huge difference to the look and feel of your home. With such a plethora of styles and finishes available, it’s important to think about exactly what you want to make the right choice.
Before you make a change to your windows and doors, consider our six tips to make sure they are the perfect fit!
1) Energy efficiency: With older styles, up to 30 per cent of your home’s heat loss could be through your windows, so it’s important that your windows – and doors – offer good insulation properties as well as looking good. We’ve moved design and technology on a long way, and energy efficiency is now better than ever, so you can expect A+ rated windows fitted as standard from Securahome.
2) Colour: Anyone who has noticed the current trend for anthracite grey windows or even simply painted a front door will know colour alone can transform the appearance of your home. From Cotswold biscuit, classic creams through to a striking red and modern greys, colour makes a huge difference to your home’s kerb appeal.
3) Inside and out: It’s also really important to consider the interior of your windows and doors, after all that’s the part you will look at most!
4) Material: At Securahome, we supply aluminium, UPVC and timber windows and doors as they all give a different look, feel and quality to your home. Think sleek aluminium with their slim frames, timber with its distinctive grain, sash windows with their period appeal or UPVC with its low maintenance and variety of styles, and you can see how the material itself impacts the character of your home.
5) Style: When you are changing your windows and doors, consider if you want maximum light in the room, a traditional look or a very modern feel, all of which will make a difference to the type of window or door that will work best for you.
6) Warranty: It really is important that windows are fitted by a reputable firm that offers a warranty. A window or door can only perform to its potential energy rating if it’s fitted properly. Gaps and cracks let in cold air and damaging rainwater, so it’s essential to safeguard your investment and for your own peace of mind.
When you book an appointment for windows or doors with Securahome, our designer will guide you through all of the options available to get the look, style and finish for your home.